Friday, November 18, 2011

Is Ivy harm full to fish?

Hiya!


Im just about to start a new tank for my malowies as thay have out grown ther last one very quickly.


I am going to put all the old stones, plants and wood from my old tank in to my new one but that still leves me with a bit of space so i have found sum twisted old dead ivy branches in my local river that i think would look great. so my question is will the ivy harm my fish as i think ivy leavs are poisonous to animals but is the dead wood? I have washed it, scrubed it and boiled it but im still not shore if it is ok to use.


What do you think?


Gareth.

Is Ivy harm full to fish?
Okay here is the thing. If you are not willing to risk your fish dying I wouldn't use it. You should never really use anything you are unsure of, but in this case the deadwood is alright. I'm not so sure of the ivy though. You could go to petsmart or petco and ask somebody there b/c each place has an expert on everything including your situation. So the deadwood is safe but ask about the ivy.


No comments:

Post a Comment