Monday, November 16, 2009

Besides poison ivy, oak, or sumac, what other plants will give me those kinds of symptoms?

I'm cleaning out an overgrown part of my property and have been getting poison-ivy like rash and itching, even though I cleaned out all the poison ivy 3 years ago. There are lots of other plants in there, but none that look like any poisonous plants I have seen pictures of. I can't figure out what's growing in there that is making this happen.

Besides poison ivy, oak, or sumac, what other plants will give me those kinds of symptoms?
where do you live? ever heard of oleander? it has same symptoms.
Reply:Poison ivy is not easy to clean out; there may be some random plants that you missed or that have regrown. If you can, spray the entire area with a good weed killer, keeping people and pets away. Wear gloves and long sleeve shirts that you wash after working in the area.


No comments:

Post a Comment