Monday, November 16, 2009

Poison Ivy!?

I found out that someone who was in my class has Poison Ivy! She said she's tried to get rid of it but nothing worked. I think she's going to stay home for a week or so and come back to my class. As soon as I got home I started washing my hands in case it was on me. How long should I wash my hands as soon as I get home from school, (How long will the Poison Ivy linger in that class, the average time)? How else can I prevent it??

Poison Ivy!?
I'm very allergic to poison ivy myself! Wash areas you think came in contact with the plant, or someone's rash with dish soap! Normal hand soap won't do the trick because it's oil from the plant that causes the rash... the dish soap breaks down oil such as grease and even poison ivy!.. Once should take care of it.. no need to dry out your skin... Tell your classmate that if it doesn't get better or starts to ooze that she should get a cortisone shot from her doctor. Tell her not to settle for creams because it takes a long time and they can be harsh on the skin... The shot will clear it up very fast.
Reply:well the prob is the oil from the wounds. you can prevent it by washing your desk and hers with disinfectant wipes most of the time. but still wash your hands if you feel you have come in conact with it


No comments:

Post a Comment