Saturday, November 14, 2009

Poison Ivy?

My son was walkin through the woods with me, and i didnt even think about anything like this, but then i look down and we were walking through this low viney bush. It looks like the pictures of poison ivy ive looked at, but the thing is, its stem was like scratchy, bristly almost. I cant find anything about the texture of a poison ivy stem, does anyone know if that is the way the stems are? Im not very concerned for myself, but my 4 yr old is highly allergic to a lot of things, and i am wondering if on first contact (that i know of) if its common for kids to develop a rash? help!

Poison Ivy?
I think any normal person, especially allergy-prone people can get a rash from poison ivy. I think the plant you are talking about I have seen in the woods when I would go hunting. I don't believe it is dangerous. Poison ivy does not have fuzz.





Just in case, give him some Benadryl and if a rash starts, start with the oatmeal baths and poison-ivy medication spray. For the future, be sure you are both fully covered when walking in plants on the ground. Poison Oak can be very nasty too!

showtime dance shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment