Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dug up poison ivy roots-do they transfer the rash?

My husband ripped a bunch of poison ivy out of the ground by our garage last week. There are no leaves and no green on it yet. He did not get poison ivy. I thought it would only transfer through the oil on the leaves(which it does not have yet) and that it would be safe to pull up the rest of the roots and vines while they were dormant. I react quite a bit to poison ivy-nothing deadly but lots of rash and itching. Now I am seeing that the roots and vines can cause the rash. Anyone know if this is so. If it is I am asking for it because I got it all over me. I washed up well afterward and changed but if I'm gonna get it how long will it take? I have a one year old too, I don't want him to get it. If I washed my hands and arms and changed will that be enough. I never even thought I might get it while it was dormant. Thanks and God bless.

Dug up poison ivy roots-do they transfer the rash?
as long as he used precautions while digging and disposing, he should be fine. always wear shirts with long sleeves and gloves. shower well afterwards and wash clothes separately.


No comments:

Post a Comment