Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I found what I think is an ivy, can anyone help me identify it growing along the woodline in my ohio home.?

No its not poison ivy. This is a two-toned ivy, and it hasn't climed any trees yet. The best way to I can come up with to identify it is, there are three stems at the end of the ivy, the middle has three leaves, the two on the otherside have two leaves, all are not the same size, the two leaves on the bottom of both the lower sides are smaller, along with the one in the middle. The colors are cream around the edges, and a light green on the leaves and vines, kind of like the color of a dark green lettuce. A varrigated ivy has the same color and patturn but not he same leave. The leaves are kind of jagged.

I found what I think is an ivy, can anyone help me identify it growing along the woodline in my ohio home.?
Until you said it had cream around the edges I was going to swear it was poison ivy!





Is the plant you're describing by any chance Snow-on-the-mountain? http://www.lib.ksu.edu/wildflower/wildfl...
Reply:Sounds like porcelin vine to me. Quite a thug in zone 6.


No comments:

Post a Comment