Friday, May 21, 2010

Ivy League??

I want to go to an Ivy league school if I can. I'm wondering what kind of grades, test scores, and extracurricular activities you might need to get into these. Thanks!!!

Ivy League??
Get yourself some honors--when they see that you've won important things, then they'll want you at their school to further achieve and let them look good.





(btw my dream school since 4th grade has been Princeton)





Grades and test scores only show so much. They want a great all around person. Volunteer (and not just to graduate, if community service is required like it is for me). Be involved and be a leader in at least one club. Do not just show up to meetings for 6 different clubs--it's better to be extremely involved with 2. I'm in 4. I'm in Students for Charity (haven't done anything with them yet, because they haven't done much of anything as a club), Key Club (I went to a nursing home with them and I sold roses for them), Newspaper (I am a reporter and Copy Editor since freshman year), and I am in French Club (I go to each meeting, but I haven't done anything with them because the only they have done is throw a party and be in the homecoming parade and watch movies). I have a 3.85 GPA (96.462%). I haven't taken the standardized testing, but I took the PLAN which said I would be in the most selective college category by predicting my ACT scores. Check out the sites of each of the Ivies and check out their freshman profiles. Don't be afraid to check out the non-Ivies, though--Swarthmore, Amherst, Stanford, and other super-prestigious schools are just as good as just as selective, if not more. Good luck!!!
Reply:Perfect grades in honors and AP courses. Nearly perfect standardized test scores. Insane levels of community service and extracurricular leadership experience.





Oh wait, that summarizes nearly EVERYONE who applies to Ivy League schools. It's a toss of the coin.. with superior credentials, you may get in.. or you may not get in.





Why would you select only an Ivy League school? Look at SPECIFIC program rankings in programs at various universities across the USA. Ivies aren't the only top ranked, that's for sure. See which school has the best program in your area of study, and also which school you could get a full scholarship at.


No comments:

Post a Comment