Friday, May 21, 2010

Ivy league schools?

Has anyone on this (honestly) gone to an Ivy League College? Yale, Harvard, Princeton...etc. If so, how hard is it to get accepted in? Also, if you are in, is school hard? What is your major?

Ivy league schools?
I know this guy who was in my school who went to Yale. He was incredible! He was the first of his class from freshman year to senior year! He played sports, and joined school plays. Family backgroud also helped him get into that college.


My friend's brother(also was in my school) went to Stanford. He was number one in 11th grade and 12th grade. His freshman and sophomore year.. he wasn't the BEST though. He joined many extracurricular activities... especially the school play, which he was very good at! Now, his family background was probably what helped him get into Stanford... His father is a doctor and his mother went to Princeton! I forgot to mention that he got a high 700 in his SATs. Good Luck!!
Reply:I did not go to these schools, but I know several recent high school graduates who have attended Harvard, Dartmouth, UPenn and Brown.





Yes, it is very hard to be accepted at these schools. Princeton, for example, accepts less than 10% of applicants, and you have to believe that MOST of the people who apply are fairly qualified individuals.





Re: whether school is hard, I imagine the answer is: it depends. It depends on how smart you really are, how well prepared you were based on your high school education and workload, and what you do to make it all come together in college.





My eldest son is not at an Ivy, but is at a top-rated school and he isn't finding it hard. Other students he knows are finding it much more difficult. There are no doubt various reasons for the discrepancy, including those I cited above.





My son is going to declare his major in Math.


No comments:

Post a Comment